Mushrooms are the nature’s gift to mankind that boosts your overall health. They are prebiotic, boosting the microbiome’s beneficial bacteria, such as Acidophilus and Bifidobacterium in a way affecting the health of human in complete way. Mushroom are fat-free, contains low-sodium, low-calorie and cholesterol-free. It is rich in fiber, vitamins as well as minerals. Nutritional benefits of mushrooms may vary depending on its type.
Do you know about antioxidants? Antioxidants help protect your body from harmful free radicals that can cause heart disease and cancer. They also protect you against damage from aging. Mushrooms contain a rich antioxidant called selenium.
In addition to boosting longevity, mushrooms are also a good source of vitamin D, required for stronger immune system. They act as probiotic emulsifiers for beneficial bacteria such as Acidophilus and Bifidobacterium which improves the health and digestion in a great way. Consuming mushroom once a week will not only enhance your health but will also improve your capacity to fight with different diseases as it contains free radicals which help the body to fight against many oxidative stress that damage body cells.
Mushroom is a kind of fungi which generates humus from organic matter and thus enriching the soil biome. We all should know that it has medicinal values which can be learned in detail further. Pennsylvania State University has conducted a research on Mushrooms and founded that there are 11 varieties of Mushrooms among which 7 are the edible varieties as stated under:
1. Agaricus: The most common type of mushroom with pale white colourand creamy flavour, button shaped light white and brown also, small to plumpy shaped , is liked by common people and available easily. They have a firm texture and delicate flavour.
2.Shiitake: They are a little different from white with light brown heads. The stalk is too hard to eat and is not cooked easily so needs to be removed from the head before cooking. They have a little smoky flavour different from The stalk need not to be discarded instead can be used in soups to flavour.
3. Black Trumpet: It’s the most delicious mushroom among all. It is darker in colourresembling trumpet and so called.
4. Maitake: Edible variety. It has antitumourproperty and looks like brain.
5. Chanterelle: Yellow coloured, vase shaped mushrooms which are crunchy in taste and edible when cooked less, in orderto avoid toughening.
6. Oyster mushrooms: It justifies its name as it looks like oyster and taste as Smallfan like structure on the top which is very different from the other varieties.
7. Porcini: They resemble the toad stool on large scale as told in fairy tales. Colourof the mushroom is palewhite and They are expensive too because of their pleasant taste and aroma.