Hypertension is considered as a global public health issue of this century.Known as silent killer,it shows no symptoms Hypertension increases the risk of diabetics heart failure and vision failure to name a few. According to Coronary Artery Disease Index in Asian Indians (CADI, the number of people with hypertension should increase from 118 million in 2000 to 214 million 2025.
Here are some tips to reduce blood pressure
1. Regular exercise- keep yourself healthy and fit, as it cuts down the chances of hypertension. Exercise helps the heart to use the oxygen more capable. So workout at least 30 minutes daily.
2. Reduce salt intake-A low sodium diet helps to control the blood pressure
3. Include ginger in your diet regularly- it controls blood pressure, improves the blood circulation and relaxes the muscles surrounding the blood vessels.
4. Include garlic in your diet- making garlic as part of your diet It prevents the hardening of blood vessels. Take garlic at least once a day in the form of a raw clove or as an ingredient.
5. Have adequate dark chocolates. A few chunks of dark chocolate every day helps in controlling the blood pressure.
Herbs that reduce blood pressure are
1.Basil. including basil in your every day helps to reduce lower blood pressure. So include basil in your daily diet.
2.Cinnamon-A delicious seasoning, cinnamon helps in controlling your blood pressure and diabetics... It is convenient to include cinnamon in your diet. You can you can include it in your curries, tea, oatmeals, coffee, etc.
3. Cardamom-Including cardamom in your daily diet for a few months will have significant results in blood pressure. You can add it as a seasoning in various dishes, in tea, beverages and other baked goods for a special flavor.
4. Flax seeds -Flax seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which helps to reduce blood pressure. Flax seeds improve glucose tolerance and also act as an antioxidant. They can be added to any dish of soups, smoothies, baked goods, etc.