Agriculture is the backbone of Uttar Pradesh's economy. The total geographical area of the state is 2.42 lac sq. kilometers and population is 22.7 crores. State has been divided into 09 agro-climatic zones. The total arable area is 165.98 lac ha with 86.7 % irrigation and a cropping intensity of 157.53 %.
There are 2.33 crore farming family in UP, out of which 92.5% are small and marginal farmers. Agriculture provides livelihood to 67.68% of the population.
Uttar Pradesh is the front runner in the national production of Wheat, Sugarcane, Milk, Meat, Mango, Aonla, Melons, vegetables, potato and green peas. However, UP stands 2nd in the production of rice, barley, pearl millet, guava, carrot, cucurbits. UP holds 3rd and 4th rank in the country in production of fish and banana respectively.
UP has immense opportunity in the development of agriculture and allied sectors. State gov. has taken decision to increase agriculture production along with enhancement of farmers' income. UP is the premier state in the implementation of direct benefit transfer of subsidies into farmers' account. During the year 2017-18 rs. 452.61 crores were transferred into accounts of 23 lac farmers.
- During 2017-18 state govt. procured record 49 lac ton paddy while during the current year 53 lac ton wheat was procured against which payment of rs. 6663.33 crores and rs. 9321.99 crores respectively were paid to the farmers'.
- During 2017-18 rs. 24650 crores dues were paid to 32.7 lac sugarcane farmers.
- In order to reduce the agrarian risk during kharif 2017-18, 25.56 lac farmers and Rabi 2017-18 28.01 lac farmers were covered under crop insurance. During kharif & rabi 2017-18 3.6 lac and 0.89 lac insured farmers were paid 212.59 crores and 69.96 crores respectively for the losses incurred.
- Under e-NAM scheme 100 mandies have been linked to e-NAM. Till date 28 lac farmers and 32000 traders have been registered and produce of 192 lac qtl. worth rs. 2794 crore have been traded.
- With the objective to enhance soil fertility 1.81 crore soil health card have been distributed among farmers'.
- To invigorate the extension machinery ' The Million Farmers' School (Kisan Pathshala)' were conducted during rabi 2017-18 & kharif 2018. Each of the version of the Kisan Pathshala covered one million farmers. In the Kisan Pathshala farmers were given complete information regarding all the schemes of the agriculture and allied department along with technical know how to upgrade agricultural production
Keeping in view the wide potential available in agriculture and allied areas and to double farmers income UP govt. is going to organize three days Krishi Kumbh from 26 to 28 October 2018 at Indian Institute of Sugarcane Research, Telibagh Lucknow. In this program farmers from all 75 districts National & International agriculture scientist, representatives from industries & policy maker from Central and State govt. will participate.
To increase the agriculture production by adopting advance technologies.
To provide common platform for farmers, farmers group, technical experts and entrepreneurs for seamless exchange of knowledge regarding agriculture production food processing and marketing.
Develop integrated communication system involving different stake holders at village/district/state/national /international level.
Capacity building of farmers through various technical institution, interprises, public sector and research institutions.
Emphasis on sustainable and durable production technology.
To economically empower agriculture and allied sector and generate employment.
Promotion of digitisation in agriculture.
To promote innovative works being carried out by farmers and to recognize them.
To promote agriculture mechanization and develop & establish appropriate model for small & marginal farmers.
To discuss benefits of organic farming and natural farming.
To formulate vision for conservation of natural resources- water, soil and forest in view of the current climate change.
Progressive farmers from all 75 districts.
State Agriculture universities/experts from KVK/Scientists from ICAR/scientists from Research Institutions/Officers.
Officers of concern departments from central and state government.
Corporate/Organizations/Institutions engaged in agri-business.
Mega Kisan Mela and Exhibition –
Cafeteria of exhibitions related to technology on different crops.
Cafeteria of horticultural crops – flowers, fruits and vegetables.
Exhibition of animals, livestock, poultry and fish.
Demonstration of various aspects of food processing.
International Seminar -
Krishi Kumbh 2018 will enable the farmer to have latest improved technology and various technical sessions will be organized with scientist from international/national research institutes and agricultural universities.
Technical Sessions -
It will cover diverse aspects of agriculture such as agriculture mechanization, agro food processing, high value crops, input and technology management in agriculture, PHT, e-NAM, ICT and innovative models in extension etc.
Krishi Kumbh 2018 will open new vistas of agriculture in UP. It will create awareness among farmers about the latest technological developments in farming system and provide opportunities to industrialists to invest in India's biggest state contributing in Agriculture.
Event Name: Krishi Kumbh 2018
Date: 26-28 October 2018
Venue: ICAR Telibagh Raebarely Road, Lucknow
Krishi Kumbh Secretariat Ground Floor,
Krishi Bhavan, Guest House,
Madan Mohan Malviya Marg,
Lucknow Uttar Pradesh- 226 001 (India)
Helpline No.: 1800 843 7000