1. Agriculture World

Government to Revoke License of Pesticide Sellers without Degree; How to Get New License

Pronami Chetia
Pronami Chetia

The central and state governments are adopting every tactic to increase the income of farmers. Recently, the Uttar Pradesh government has decided to revoke the license of pesticide sellers/dealers if they don't have a degree or diploma on the respective line. As per reports, the government has also given an opportunity to the vendors to do a diploma. In fact, according to reports, Dr. Yogendra Kumar, District Agricultural Defense Officer of Firozabad, Uttar Pradesh, told that the pesticide sellers who do not have B.Sc. degrees in agriculture or chemicals can now do diploma course in Agriculture Extension Services for Input Dealers program which is being started in the Office of Agricultural Defense Officer.

How to Get a New License?

The people who are interested in avail of this benefit can take admission by depositing a draft of Rs. 20,000. Moreover, licenses of degree-less pesticide sellers who do not register for this diploma course will be revoked in the future. The agriculture officer further informed that there are license holders who have neither degree nor diploma in the sale of many pesticides in the district. In such a situation, the government has provided better opportunities to the license holders.

What are the new Guidelines?

Under the new guidelines, pesticide sellers will have to renew their licenses within five years.

Till now, the pesticide sellers were licensed for 3 years, have to renew their license.

Significantly, due to the change in the rules, the state government will suffer a loss of revenue.

As per reports, about 850 pesticide sellers in Muzaffarpur district have been given strict instructions to sell fertilizer through the online pos machine.

Only Agricultural Graduate will get License

It is strictly mentioned that to get a license for new fertilizer or pesticide shop, it is mandatory to have a degree in Bachelor of Agriculture or Diploma in Agriculture. So the old license holders will be given 15 days' training by the Agriculture Department.


Like this article?

Hey! I am Pronami Chetia. Did you liked this article and have suggestions to improve this article? Mail me your suggestions and feedback.

Share your comments

Subscribe to our Newsletter. You choose the topics of your interest and we'll send you handpicked news and latest updates based on your choice.

Subscribe Newsletters