1. News

Dairy Scheme: Warangal Rural's Dairy Scheme to Empower Dalits

Prity Barman
Prity Barman
Dairy Scheme: Warangal Rural's Dairy Scheme

Synopsis: In the merged Warangal district, the dairy system will be introduced in Mulugu, Jangaon and Warangal Rural as a pilot project before it is expanded to other districts in the State.

State government, which with many programs aims for economic empowerment of Dalits in the State, has now embarked on another mission to boost their financial status, a dairy business scheme that provides four buffaloes to each Dalit family at a cost of Rs four lakh.

In the merged Warangal district, the milk scheme will be initiated as a pilot project in Mulugu, Jangaon and Warangal Rural before it is expanded to other districts in the county. Following the efforts of TRS MLA Peddi Sudarshan Reddy, the government has approved a total of 658 units costing Rs 26.32 crore for Dalit families in the Narsampet constituency.

Today, Sudarshan Reddy told Telangana that four buffaloes will be issued to each family at a cost of Rs four lakhs (one unit). 'While 60 percent of the unit expense would be government subsidies, Vijaya Dairy will allocate the remaining 40 percent as a loan to the beneficiaries,' Reddy said, Reddy said, adding that in the first process, as many as 100 beneficiaries of the Chennaraopet Mandal in the constituency would be handed over the buffaloes.

While mentioning that the beneficiaries were taken to Nagpur in Maharashtra on Tuesday to purchase the buffaloes of their choosing, he said they had returned to Narsampet with the buffaloes on Saturday.

All of them have already received free government training on buffalo treatment, milk production and milk sales,' said SC Corporation Executive Director Suresh, adding that Vijaya Diary had already announced that it would enter into a milk purchasing agreement with the beneficiaries.

Kandikatla Hussian, a beneficiary of Chennaraopet Mandal from Yellayagudem village, said:' We are glad to get the buffaloes.  We will remain indebted to Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao for introducing the Dalit milk scheme.’

Like this article?

Hey! I am Prity Barman. Did you liked this article and have suggestions to improve this article? Mail me your suggestions and feedback.

Share your comments

Subscribe to our Newsletter. You choose the topics of your interest and we'll send you handpicked news and latest updates based on your choice.

Subscribe Newsletters