1. Home
  2. News

Minister Temjen Imna Along Shares Glimpses of ‘Difficult Lives of Nagaland Farmers’, VIDEO Goes Viral!

Along dropped a video showing the breathtaking beauty of the terrace farms in his home-state Nagaland, and how the farmers overcome the difficult environmental barriers in the mountainous region.

Ayushi Sikarwar
Temjen Imna Along, Minister of Tribal Affairs, Nagaland
Temjen Imna Along, Minister of Tribal Affairs, Nagaland

Minister of Tribal Affairs Nagaland, Temjen Imna Along is quite popular among netizens, not just for his impressive and fluent grab on the Hindi language, but also for his witty take on various political and social matters.

Along, who enjoys a vast social media following, dropped a video showing the breathtaking beauty of the terrace farms in his home-state Nagaland, and how the farmers overcome the difficult environmental barriers in the mountainous region.

The clip opens with an impressive view of the natural exquisiteness of Nagaland including its forests and fields. The video then shows terrace-shaped rice farms of the hill state depicting local farmers working in it.

The video tells how almost 80 percent of Nagaland's total agricultural land is used for rice cultivation only, while the rest 20 percent is used to grow various other crops including pulses.

Since the natural conditions in the state do not allow plain and smooth fields to spread across large areas, the inhabitants construct these fields by carving out the hills in a stair-form so that they can contain the needed amount of rainwater for the crop to grow. If required, these producers also make water pipes out of bamboo for irrigational purposes.

The video shared by the latter is an excerpt from Epic Channel's docuseries called 'Raja, Rasoi, Aur Anya Kahaniyaan'.

"If your intention is good, then luck is your slave. If your karma is good, then there is Mathura Kashi in the house. Must watch the full video to understand the written line", the minister wrote in the caption in Hindi.

The post has garnered 3.5k likes and 35k views since being uploaded, while Twitter users have flooded the comment section with elated comments.

"Just returned from Nagaland, it was a wonderful time there, remember this geography pretty well", a user wrote, while other commented, "Thanks for providing a window to the charming beauty of Nagaland, would love to have the same about the other Northeast states as well".

A native from Nagaland wrote, "The more I see your post, the more I am looking forward to my trip during #Hornbill festival. Hope to meet you too @AlongImna".

Meanwhile, this isn't the first time Along has shared the mesmerizing natural and cultural beauty of his native state. Previously, he hit headlines as he was seen grooving to the traditional beats of tribal music along with the folk dancers at the Tsungremmong celebrations.

Before that, Along had shared a rib-tickling first experience of coming to the national capital during the 90s, an excerpt from his speech in a public meeting earlier this year.

Magnoliaceous Quiz: Take a Quiz on National Mango Day Take a quiz
Share your comments
FactCheck in Agriculture Project

Subscribe to our Newsletter. You choose the topics of your interest and we'll send you handpicked news and latest updates based on your choice.

Subscribe Newsletters