1. Agriculture World

15000 New Tube Well Connections Be Given To Farmers for Irrigation

M Kanika
M Kanika
Tube Well
Tube Well

Haryana Power Minister Ranjit Singh said that the government has given the approval to provide 15,000 new tube well connections for electricity. The connections will soon be given to the farmers. He said that during the meeting of the High Power Purchase Committee, the approval has been given by Chief Minister Manohar Lal to buy new electrical equipment. 

It is his endeavor that the farmers should be given more & more electricity connections soon for irrigation in the fields. The Solar pumps should be installed in fields so that they won’t face any problems while producing crops.

Ranjit Singh said that a 35% subsidy is given by the Government of India and 40% by the Haryana Government on solar pumps. Which makes a total subsidy of 75% and the farmer has to bear only 25% of the total cost.

20000 Solar Pumps Approved in the State

  • The Power Minister said, for cultivating from 2 acres to 5 acres, farmers are fond of solar pumps of 5 horsepower & 10 horsepowers.

  • For the convenience of the farmers, 20,000 solar pumps were approved, out of which 6,000 solar pumps have been installed.

  • Whereas 14,000 solar pumps will be installed soon.

Micro Irrigation Technology to Get Enough Water

  • On the other hand, Haryana Agriculture Minister JP Dalal said that every house in the state would be provided with clean water from the tap.

  • Every field would be provided with sufficient water through micro-irrigation technology.

  • He assured the farmers that they would not face any problem during the sowing of Rabi crops.

  • Also, he urged people to store water in tanks & ponds so that the water level can be maintained and it can be used during water shortages.

Instructions for Water Supply in Canals

  • The Agriculture Minister has directed the officers of the department to ensure an adequate supply of water in the canals for irrigation.

  • Presiding over the meeting of Irrigation Department officials, he also directed expedite the repair work of motor & pump sets for lift irrigation projects of Mahendragarh, Jhajjar, Rewari, Bhiwani, and Charkhi Dadri districts of Haryana.
  • Dalal also directed the officials to complete the cleaning work of the Rajwahs at the earliest so that an adequate supply of drinking water could be ensured in every village.

Like this article?

Hey! I am M Kanika. Did you liked this article and have suggestions to improve this article? Mail me your suggestions and feedback.

Share your comments

Subscribe to our Newsletter. You choose the topics of your interest and we'll send you handpicked news and latest updates based on your choice.

Subscribe Newsletters