1. Agriculture World

Can Husband, Wife Together Take Benefit of PM Kisan? Know Who is Eligible for 9th Installment

Sangeeta Soni
Sangeeta Soni
Indian farmer
Indian farmer

PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana was started by the Central Government for the farmers. Under this scheme, the government is providing annual financial support of Rs. 6000 in three equal installments of Rs. 2000 to the farmers of the country.

At present, more than 15 crore farmers are taking the advantage of this scheme. Moreover it is a Direct Benefit Transfer Scheme, in which 8 installments have been released till date, and the 9th installment will be disbursed soon.

Can Husband & Wife both take the advantage of this scheme?

PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana was started by the Modi government for farmer families. And according to the eligibility rule of this scheme, only one family member can get the benefit of this scheme. So, both husband & wife can not avail the benefits of this scheme, only one of them can register for PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana.

Who are Eligible?

  • All landholding farmer families having cultivable landholding in their names are eligible.

  • Small and marginal farmers are eligible

Who are not Eligible?

  • All institutional landholders

  • All Serving or retired officers and employees of Central/ State government Ministries/ Offices and its field units Central or State PSEs and attached offices/ Autonomous Institutions under government

  • Regular employees of Local government bodies

  • Present & former Ministers of both Central & State governments

  • Professionals like Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers & their families

  • A person and his/her family who has retired or superannuated and receives a pension of Rs. 10,000 or more every month.

  • Any individual and his/her family who filed income tax in the previous Assessment Year

  • Any present or former Chairperson of District Panchayat and Mayor of any Municipal Corporation.

How to Register?

For enrolment, any eligible farmer can visit the nearest Common Service Centre or the Nodal Officer (PM Kisan) nominated by the State/UT government. Or you can also register yourself through the official website. Click here to register yourself.

Like this article?

Hey! I am Sangeeta Soni. Did you liked this article and have suggestions to improve this article? Mail me your suggestions and feedback.

Share your comments

Subscribe to our Newsletter. You choose the topics of your interest and we'll send you handpicked news and latest updates based on your choice.

Subscribe Newsletters