1. Home
  2. News

LIC Services Now Available on WhatsApp! Know How To Register Here

Policyholders who have registered their policies on the LIC Portal will be able to access the specified services on WhatsApp from the comfort of their own homes.

Binita Kumari
Policyholders who have registered their policies on the LIC Portal will be able to access the specified services on WhatsApp from the comfort of their own homes by messaging "Hi" to the number 8976862090
Policyholders who have registered their policies on the LIC Portal will be able to access the specified services on WhatsApp from the comfort of their own homes by messaging "Hi" to the number 8976862090

The Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has launched its first-ever "WhatsApp Services" for its policyholders. The CEO of LIC of India, M.R. Kumar, used WhatsApp to present a number of the company's interactive services to policyholders.

Policyholders who have registered their policies on the LIC Portal will be able to access the specified services on WhatsApp from the comfort of their own homes by messaging "Hi" to the number 8976862090. Policyholders will also find help in doing so on the screen below.

List of Services LIC is Providing Through WhatsApp:

Premium due

Bonus information

Policy status

Loan eligibility quotation

Loan repayment quotation

Loan interest due

Premium paid certificate

ULIP- Statement of Units

LIC service links

Opt in/Opt out services

End conversation

How to Activate LIC Services on your WhatsApp?

"Policyholders who have registered their Policies on the LIC Portal will be able to use these services on WhatsApp," according to a press release from LIC. Policyholders should text "Hi" to the cellphone number 8976862090 from their registered mobile number.

Policyholders can choose the required service by choosing one of the options on the following screen, which will help them access the aforementioned services.

How to Register for Online LIC Services?

Policyholders must have the following materials on hand in order to sign up for the online services accessible through the LIC portal: A scanned copy of a passport or PAN card with a file size of under 100 KB, policy numbers for your own life, and the lives of any minor children, and installment premiums for these policies (paid in full but excluding service tax or GST).

Go to the "Customer Portal" by visiting www.licindia.in option.

Select "New user" if you haven't already signed up for the customer portal.

On the following screen, you must choose your user ID and password before submitting.

Use this freshly created user ID to log in, then choose "Add Policy" from the list of "Basic Services".

Enroll all of your remaining policies at this time so that they can all access the Basic Services as registered policies.

When you sign up as a LIC Portal user, basic details like your date of birth, phone number, and email address will be immediately included in the registration form.

The LIC recorded an increase in Total Premium Income of 23.87%, or 2,30,456 crore, during the half-year that ended on September 30th, 2021 and the half-year that ended on September 30th, 2022. For the half-year that ended on September 30th, 2021, profit after tax (PAT) was Rs. 1,437 crore. For the half-year that concluded on September 30th, 2022, PAT was Rs. 16,635 crore. According to an Annualized Premium Equivalent (APE) calculation, the total premium for the six months that concluded on September 30th, 2022, was Rs. 25,228 crore.

Of this sum, the Group Business provided 10,585 crore (41.96%), while the Individual Business gave 14,643 crore (58.04%). The percentage of Par products in the Individual Business was 91.01% on an APE basis, and Non-Par products made up the remaining 8.99%. The total number of policies sold by the individual segment during the six-month period that concluded on September 30, 2022, was 83,59,029. 

This is an increase of 13.55% over the 73,61,410 policies sold during the same time the previous year. Assets Under Management (AUM) increased by 8.69% YoY as of September 30th, 2022, from 39,50,633 crore to 42,93,778 crore.

Test your knowledge on Shaheed diwas (Martyrs' Day) by taking this quiz. Take a quiz
Share your comments

Subscribe to our Newsletter. You choose the topics of your interest and we'll send you handpicked news and latest updates based on your choice.

Subscribe Newsletters